Rule 2.6: Reporting Requirement of Non-Exempt-Use Wells establishes the requirement for owners of water wells used to produce groundwater used for non-exempt-use purposes to the report groundwater production from those wells on an annual basis.
During the first week of January 2024, the Distict will mail "courtesy notices" directly to registered owners of water wells recorded in the water well registry of the district that appear to be subject to the reporting requirements established under Rule 2.6. The courtesy notices are designed to assist and accomodate water well owners that prefer to submit paper-based reports to the District.
Groundwater production reports can be submitted by:
- completing an electronic report using the ELECTRONIC GROUNDWATER PRODUCTION REPORT FORM (recommended);
- emailing a scanned hard-copy of the complete report to email@example.com;
- mailing a hard-copy of the complete report to TGCD, P.O. Box 1098, Edna, Texas 77957, or
- delivering a hard-copy of the complete report to the District at 411 N. Wells St., Edna, Texas 77957.
Alternatively, water well owners of non-exempt-use wells that are required to report groundwater production for calendar year 2023 may print and complete the following blank, paper-based form for this purpose:Blank Groundwater Production Report Form
Water well owners are encouraged to retain a copy of groundwater production reports submitted to the District for their own records.
Contact Mike Benavides, Compliance Specialist to discuss matters related to groundwater production reporting at:
- phone: (361)579-6863
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org